We look forward to welcoming all the children back on Wednesday 3rd September and we can’t wait to hear about your super Summers.
For great live music, Victorious Festival Southsea has it all.
Tickets are available from the Guildhall and Belle Isle. £20 per day for adults.
Did you know that 2014 is the year of family farming.
There are lots of ways to enjoy farming despite living in the city.
- Visit a farmers market- see Portsmouth Website for local Sunday markets.
- Pop along to Staunton Country Park, see the lambs and goats, feed the alpacas and share your sandwich with a duck or two.
- Travel down towards Southampton and spend the day at Manor Farm, finding out what life was like living on a farm in Victorian times.
- On a budget? Picnic at Victoria or College park and see the goats, bunnies and peacocks.
Education Event – 18 Aug
We are delighted to announce that once again Lou Bundy and her team will be running our performing arts summer school from Monday 18th to Friday 22nd August. The workshop is open to children aged 7 to 12. The summer school will focus on the skills of acting singing and dancing. At the end of the week parents are invited to an evening performance to celebrate the children’s achievements and see the production that the children have been rehearsing all week. This year it’s ‘Robin and the Sherwood Hoodies!’ A tale of tights, lights and footlights!
Times: 9am – 5pm
Please note: By booking on this activity you consent for your child to be photographed and filmed as part of a group.
Please contact the theatre for cost
Did you know today is a whole day dedicated to all the left handed people out there!
Here are some Left Handed facts…..
- Left-handedness runs in families. Lefties in the British royal family include Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William.
- Lefties have better hearing.
- Approximately 50% of CATS are left handed.
- Mothers over 40 are twice as likely to have a left-handed baby.
- Studies have suggested that left-handers are more talented in spatial awareness, math, and architecture.
- One in four Apollo astronauts were left-handers.
- And… Just for Mrs Cantini (our Lovely Left-handed Deputy) Lefties’ make up 10% of the population BUT 20% of MENSA.
Son and Daughter Day is a day to spend with your children. After all, your son and daughter are the joy of your life. We hope that everyone reading this has the opportunity in their life to see these joys born and raised happily, and successfully.
Today is a great day to spend with your son and daughter. It’s not a day of gift giving….except for the gift of time. If your son and daughter are still young and live at home with you, be ever aware that time goes by quickly. So, spend as much of today and everyday in their company.